PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2022 – 7:00 pm in the Upper Room
Attendance: Father Nathan Siray, Dave Curry, Peter Perren, Val Heath, and Jane McEachern
Prayer: Peter Perren opened with a prayer for humility.
Minutes: Moved by Peter and seconded by Dave.
· Father Nathan has been named Pastor of St. Anthony’s Parish, Calgary, effective June 1, 2022. This will allow him to pursue part-time Canon Law Licentiate studies which will begin this summer at the Catholic University of America, Washington D.C., USA. The licentiate is a combination of an online and summer residency program to be completed in four years. During the time of his absence from the parish in June and July of this year, Rev. Bryan Frank, who is in retirement, will be the Administrator of St. Anthony’s Parish.
· Rev. Pilmaiken Lezano, Administrator of St. Anthony’s Parish, Calgary, has been named Pastor of the Shrine Church of Our Lady of the Rockies, Canmore, effective June 1, 2022.
· To mark the second anniversary of the Dedication of the Shrine Church of Our Lady of the Rockies, Our Lady of the Cape Pilgrim Statue Tour will visit Canmore on May 29 and 30. The statue's arrival and installation will be at 4:30pm. Veneration of our Lady of the Cape will begin at 6:30 pm.
· Bishop McGrattan will celebrate Mass on Monday, May 30, 2022, at 7:00 PM. Taking place at this Mass: the 2nd anniversary of the Dedication of the Shrine Church of Our Lady of the Rockies; the blessing of the Roses, Consecration of the Calgary Diocese to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the blessing of 10,000 Miraculous medals. Mass to be followed by a stand-up reception.
Old Business: (continuing with matters which are currently not completed).
· It was the intent to film Father Nathan doing the Shrine tour although due to Fathers quick departure the filming is now scheduled for September / October.
· Father Nathan suggested that we look at filming the tour with three priests; himself, Father Pilmaiken and Father Wilbert.
· All in attendance agreed that this would be a good idea.
· There will be a new accountant starting in the next few months. This person will replace the current accountant.
· $1000.00 was donated to Father Nathan for the hike for life.
· Roses for moms on Mother’s Day was a big success.
· 100 roses were purchased, and they were sold out in only two masses.
· There were additional donations to the cause without taking any roses.
· Next year the parish will purchase 200 roses.
· Father Nathan said the closing prayer.